- FREIIA: Facilitating Resilience Enabling Island Innovation. Co-funded under EU Interreg North Sea Programme (2022-2025).
- Shared Island Research on Emergency Planning Cooperation: Advancing Cross-border Public Safety Messaging (with ICLRD and Monaghan County Council, 2023)
- Marine Spatial Planning for Ireland’s Northern and Western Region. Study and Stakeholder Workshop, commissioned by the Northern and Western Regional Assembly (2022-2023). Report available to download here.
- Guidelines for Cetacean-Friendly Marine Spatial Planning, commissioned by the UNEP ASCOBANS Secretariat (Phase 1) and Bundesamt für Naturschutz (Federal Agency for Conservation) (Phase 2) 2022-2023.
- TriWadWalk – International interdisciplinary field trips at the Wadden Sea (2022)
- SWAN (Sustainable Water Network): Review of Ireland’s National Marine Planning Framework (NMPF) (2021-2022). Report available to download here.
- PROWAD Link: Analysis of funding opportunities for future project activities of the „Trilateral Partnership in support of the Wadden Sea World Heritage“ (PROWAD LINK, Interreg North Sea Region 2021-2022). Funding Guide available to download here.
- BirdLife International: Assessment of the alignment of Marine Spatial Plans with EU environmental legislation (2021-2022): Reports available to download here.
- Independent Evaluation: Coastal Communities Adapting Together (CCAT) (2021-2022), part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020, led by UCD School Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy
North West Metropolitan Spatial Strategy: Scoping Paper (2021). International Centre for Local and Regional Development (ICLRD) commissioned scoping paper for the cross-border North West Metropolitan Region (Derry-Letterkenny).
- Managed Retreat in Europe: Learning from Good Practice in Austria and Germany (2020-2021): commissioned by UCD School Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy. Publications here.
- Best Practice in Maritime Spatial Planning: Towards Mutually Beneficial Outcomes for Fishers, Renewable Energy Production and Marine Conservation (2020-2021): Commissioned by the Greens in the European Parliament (2020), More details are posted here. Report available to download here.
- ESPON Lakes: territorial analysis of spatial progress and integrated development opportunities of large lakes in Europe (2020-2021)
- IMAJINE: Integrative Mechanisms for Addressing Spatial Justice
and Territorial Inequalities in Europe, funded under the Horizon 2020 programme led by the University of Aberystwyth (Prof. Michael Woods). Synthesis policy reports prepared with Dr. Marie Mahon, Geography, National University of Ireland Galway and Dr. Brendan O’ Keeffe. Reports available to download here and on ResearchGate.
Wadden Sea Metageographies: Metageographies and Spatial Frames: Coastal Management as Situated Practice in the international Wadden Sea Region, funded by the German Research Foundation, hosted by the University of Hamburg, Institute for Geography (2016-2020). Detailed information here.
Soft Spaces, Spatial Planning and Territorial Management in Europe (2011-2013). More details here.
Sustainable Land Management (Nachhaltiges Landmanagement) (2012-2013). Details here.
ESPON KITCASP: Key Indicators for Territorial Cohesion and Spatial Planning (2012-2013). Details here.
ESPON INTERSTRAT: ESPON In Integrated Territorial Development Strategies (2011-2013). Detail here.